When you think of beautiful Christmas decorations, perhaps Rockefeller Center in New York comes to mind. Visitors come from around the world just to catch a glimpse of the twinkling lights and iconic Christmas tree made even more famous in the movie Home Alone (thank you, Macaulay Caulkin).
Perhaps you’re thinking, “I just don’t have the time or budget to decorate for Christmas. And I definitely can’t beat Rockefeller Center.” Good news – you don’t need a lot of time or money to instill some Christmas cheer in your commercial property or apartment building. Here are some compelling reasons to decorate for Christmas.
It Shows that Management Cares
Suppose it’s the holiday season and you’ve decided not to decorate after all, but all the other buildings or stores around you have. Even if your property is well-managed and clean, your visitor most likely leaves with the feeling that management does not care. A simple Christmas tree in the lobby could do wonders to instill goodwill and cheer amongst patrons and employees.
A study was conducted on U.S. residents about the effects exterior home Christmas decorations have on their neighbors’ perception of the homeowner. Houses with Christmas decorations (and therefore their owners), were perceived to be more “friendly and cohesive” while homeowners with no decorations were viewed to be non-social.
It Makes People Happier
A string of lights, a Christmas tree, a few sparkly baubles – what’s not to like? By creating a more festive atmosphere, patrons and employees are more happy, who in turn are more willing to a) spend more money (patrons); or, b) be more productive (employees).
Create an Event
Tap into the real reason for the season — giving. Once your place of business is all decked out, you can create an annual event for Christmas. Pick a charity you’d like to support and let your customers know all about it. Supporting a non-profit or charity boosts community spirit and your bottom line.
Simple Christmas Decoration Ideas on a Budget
Here are some easy Christmas decorating ideas and tips on a budget to get you started:
- Start with a focal point — a Christmas tree. To get a ‘professional’ look pick a color theme and select ornaments to match. For example, a silver and white theme.
- Wrap presents for under the tree (no Christmas tree is complete without a few gifts).
- Arrange a few potted poinsettias of varying sizes and heights for a colorful display. Try placing one on the floor, one on top of a coffee table and one on top of a wrapped present.
- Fill tall, clear vases with ornaments that match your Christmas tree.
With a little creativity, your place of business could transform into the Rockefeller Center of your neighborhood.
More articles about how to bring Christmas to your property:
- 12 of Our Favorite Christmas Displays
- 3 Things That Make a Christmas Display Memorable
- 7 Reasons to Hire Someone Else to do Your Christmas Decor
For more ideas on decorating for Christmas in Savannah, contact us today for a free consultation.